(Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics)
Key components of S.T.E.M. include:
- Solving problems through innovation and design
- An intentional connection between assessments, lesson design and standards
- A combination of more than one STEAM subject, taught and assessed in tandem
- Students are encouraged to consider both the beauty and usefulness of art
- A collaborative, process-based learning environment
- A focus on real-life, social-emotional connections between disciplines.
This subject will lead to Level 1 S.T.E.M. if there are numbers to allow this, and may lead to Level 2 in 2021.