Year 10 Music
Teacher in Charge: Mrs L. Chuck
Music students work individually and collaboratively to explore the potential of sounds and technologies for creating, interpreting, performing and representing music ideas.
In Year 10, students will:
- choose an instrument to learn (drums, guitar, bass, keyboard/piano, voice) and will participate in free lessons for that instrument each week. They will perform individually to the rest of the class and in a group at prizegiving.
- compose music as an individual using various technologies
- create, perform and record a song in a group
- develop music reading and writing skills
- learn about various styles of music.
NOTE: Students must commit to practising their instrument at least four times a week outside of class time. It is vital that a student has learned an instrument or sung for at least one year before taking NCEA Level 1 Music.
Stage Manager, Events Manager, Singer/Musician, Teaching, Actor, Art Director (Film/Television/Stage), Artistic Director, Cinema Projectionist, Director (Film/Television/Radio/Stage), Entertainer, Musician, Production Assistant (Film/Television/Radio/Stage), Primary School Teacher, Private Teacher/Tutor, Tertiary Lecturer, Diversional Therapist, Music Teacher, Sound engineer, Music Performer,