Year 10 Digital Technologies
Teacher in Charge: Ms M. Green
Students will be given a two-term intensive course building on skills and knowledge from Year Nine. After an initial discussion with the Teacher in Charge, an individualised programme of study will be created. Students will be taught about computer hardware and software, game theory and coding, website design and a team-based project decided upon by the students. This course is a mix of theory and practical applications. A major focus will be given to preparing students for Year 11 and beyond.
The is a half-semester course and students will learn:
- Planning, designing, creating, testing and evaluating
- Creating computer game code in Scratch
- Creating Digital stories in Minecraft EDU
- Creating apps using the MIT App creation software
- Creating websites using Wordpress and Notepad++
- Understanding how computers work (theory and practical)
- Lego robotics
- Literacy and numeracy.
Recommended Prior Learning
Entry is open.